A year .. 365 days this leap year. The year I turned ..ugh.. 42. The year that my Ferals have showed signs of growing up into the men they will eventually be. A year of highs and lows, laughter and tears. I think most could identify with some of this.
January 2012 started with a bang on the foreshore of our local city with friends watching the fireworks with the Ferals having a wonderful time playing chasing's amongst all the others there. They say how you spend the last and first few minutes of a new year can set the tone for the year ahead. I'm not sure if I believe this but one can only hope.
School for the Ferals in the year 2012 has been positive. They have both had to grow up and learn to take responsibility for their actions. They have had to learn to be more tolerant of others. But what I have asked most of them is to be kids..warts and all. This I feel has been a success, with a few bumps and bruises to the body and ego. Its a learning time for them both.
I have managed to gain more employment. I now rush between 2 jobs as well as trying to be a domestic goddess. I am afraid the domestic is a bit on the back burner for the moment.. but goddess ... yep some things never change !!
I find I am exhausted but satisfied with myself more now. I feel like I am contributing more financially and although I am not sure how long it will last I will endeavour to make the most of this new found job.. If nothing else I have met some great work colleagues and friends I am sure to keep.
This year I have managed to drop weight at times but it always seems to find its way back home. I have learned to give up ever trying to have the house tidy for more than 5 minutes.. it ain't going to happen. I have reminded myself that the sun will always come up tomorrow no matter how hard things feel at times. It has been an interesting year.
Hub has worked his butt off this year. To be honest there are days when I wondered who the person was who walked in the door after not seeing him for a few weeks. Now we are in bush fire season I am sure this will only increase. He loves his job and is lucky enough to be appreciated within it.
This week my Ferals will perform in their end of school year concert. How I am looking forward to seeing their smiling faces on stage. The curly boy will not tell me what he is performing but I do know he will be in a recorder .. yes those instruments that we parents block our ears for ..group and also a class item. The Weed on the other hand has informed me he will be dancing. I cant wait to see him dance.. a born dancer this may be the only time I see him perform..because lessons are for girls apparently !! ( I have posted this a bit after the concert and it was FANTASTIC ! )
It will also be the final week for being at their current school as next year they will be moving. This decision as plagued me most of the year and I know I will be shedding tears come Thursday 20th. My head had to over rule my heart and it was not easy. All I can do is hope I have made the right decision.
The year will see the Curly Feral turn 10. Where has the time gone??? The Weed will be 8 ... 8 ..how on earth did that happen? They grow up too fast as the saying goes.
![]() |
| A summers field near home |
Summer is here to take us in into the new year. Dried up paddocks and hot days on the beach await us. We are going camping in January with great friends. Days and nights of hanging out just relaxing. Oh how I am looking forward to this.
I am sure 2013 will be a great year. It shows all the signs of it from this time. I consider myself lucky to be able to reach it.. to experience it for all it will have to offer.
2012 will give way on the stroke of midnight... to herald a new beginning and to take us through another year of our lives. I think if I do choose to make a resolution it will be to just make it through the year ahead with a smile and being grateful for the chance.
So I say to all I truly hope that 2013 will bring you all love laughter and smiles. To bring the strength to tackle the challenges that are bound to cross our paths. But most of all I personally will look back on 2012 with a smile and a tear and to 2013 .. I say bring it on !!!
Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:
Post a Comment