Hmmm... the idea of sending them out to play on a busy highway has I must admit crossed my mind on the odd occasion but I don't think I would come out very squeaky clean or win parent of the year if I put that into action .. so what to do?
We are going camping for a few days soon with friends to a beach to laze about while the Ferals get up to mischief. They are of an age where they can be trusted .. sort of .. to do the right thing so we can give them some freedom. They know where we live and will return home when hungry is my motto.
Camping will hopefully make them sleep and the thought of them going to bed grotty with sun kissed faces I do find rather appealing .. until we have to return home and all the washing begins.
I am hoping to take them to the cinema to see something .. don't know what yet .. but I know I better start saving now as this is very expensive by the time one adds tickets, pop corn, drinks and what ever they can manage to con out of me. Then the choice of seeing one in 3D or not. That adds another expense. The Ferals still tend to think money just appears out of majic holes in the wall and it is an never ending supply .. oh reality will hit one day.
But things do not always have to cost the earth. Hub has been ordered by the manager ie : me, to take them away again for a minimum of 4 nights. Oh my selfish self is hanging out for this time of clean house and not having to whip up some sort of food that partly resembles a meal. Bring it on I say !!
It will also be a good chance for them to do some bloke bonding as they learn to grunt, scratch their crotches and learn the finer points of being a good Aussie bloke. Hub will also be responsible for EVERYTHING ... ahhhh ... but truthfully I might miss them a teeny bit.
![]() |
| Curly Feral with his creation |
We will have friends over to play and maybe some sleep overs. I will attempt to think of ways to keep them happy but they must also learn to occupy themselves. WE have a very large garden, billy carts, animals, cubby house and games. Surely I wont hear the cry of "Muuummm I am bored !! " No surely not !
This year the holidays have been shortened but approx 2 weeks. Part of me is sad for this but the other part is doing the happy dance. By the end of 8 weeks they usually were becoming bored and fidgety so this will help. They will gain this lost holiday time by having another included through out the year. This will work well I figure. Its a win win for us all.
So to all the others starting the perils of school holidays I say good luck. They are only young for a small time and it really is a magical sight to behold.. Happy kids on holidays.
Cheers Dilly xx
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment