For me they symbolise someone cares. Someone has taken enough time to consider how I am feeling and generally gives a hoot. They can provide that second of reassurance that so many of us truly need. I am glad I have been asked.
Life in this millennium is chaotic. Why? Because we as a society have allowed it to be. So may of us worry where the next meal comes from or how we will afford to stay warm during a powerful Tasmanian winter. It is easy to see why we all should ask if others are ok..
Being in a black hole within ones mind can be very frightening. It can take us to places that one could not even imagine. Thoughts can come to mind that previously had never been considered. That is scary stuff ! It is not to be taken lightly.
The worst thing I feel is when asked if you are ok is to lie and say all is fine. Not only is not being truthful to the enquiring person but denying it to ones self can only make more difficult. Is is not a sign of weakness to admit that, nope, not all is hunkydoory. It is a sign of strength.
Three little words that we should ask regularly. Having a national day is fantastic to remind us, but the fact that we need to be reminded is a reflection of life.
So to all my readers I ask you with all sincerity .. R U OK?
Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:
Post a Comment