I have been rather busy of late. Have not had time to scratch myself... hence not being able to write which I have missed. But things for the moment have slowed. I can see the clouds lifting and the sun is beginning to shine. Yep all will be ok.
This past fortnight the Ferals have finished their second term of school .. only 1 to go till the long break during summer. I have to admit although I am not a huge fan of school holidays I do think the Ferals and I have been ready to stop rushing for a bit.
They both have done well this past few months even though the weather has been horrible and very miserable.
My Curly haired boy even came 1st in the local towns eisteddfod for his recorder solo beating 11 other kids. A very proud moment for us both.
![]() |
| Fun in the snow with Dad |
That along with art supplies to encourage his flair for drawing made him very happy. He had a great day and took along to school 25 cupcakes lovingly baked by yours truly to share with his class.
I did create a cake but I must admit it was not one of my better works of art. I think I will put that one down to a bad hectic day. Anyway he did have a great time and the cake tasted pretty good thank goodness.Layla the wombat is growing fast. She is extremely cheeky and can be found inside a pillow slip on the Ferals bed if one can not find her. How she gets onto the bed I do not know. She is getting along fine with the rest of our menagerie and all live in fairly perfect harmony. She is very sweet.
![]() |
| Magestic Mt Wellinton stands guard over Hobart |
We saw friends we had not seen since January. How lovely it was for the Ferals to reconnect with their kids. It was like time had stood still as they took up from where they had left off.
We visited museaums and markets. We traveled through the central lakes to reach our destination. We played in snow where it fell and appreciated a good hot shower at the end of a long day.
The school holidays are nearly over and term 3 is about to begin. As I expressed earlier I am not a huge fan of holidays but I can honestly admit to myself and others that this has definantly been one of the better ones. The Ferals are growing up !!
So back to life we go. I am amazed to see Christmas decorations already in the shops. So yep where has the time gone?
Cheers Dilly xx


No comments:
Post a Comment