Sunday, 22 July 2012

Sunday ....

Today is a day I don't not have to rush off anywhere.  It is a day I have been waiting for. A day to attempt to lie in bed with the sun streaming in the window bringing with it the first signs of spring warmth.  A day to not have to deal with school lunches or rushing to get the Ferals on the bus.  It is Sunday.

Many people still regard this as a day of rest. A day of worship if inclined.  A day of family time. but to me it is a day of catching up with all life has thrown at me this past week and to try and regain control before the next day begins.

This week we have all battled sickness.  Ferals bring home the most lovely 'diseases ' from school and share them so willingly.  Some how though as a mother no matter how ill we are we must battle through it to take care of our brood. 


Layla
This week we have also welcomed a new addition into our home.  Layla the baby wombat has arrived and filled our house of mud and our hearts with her sweet ways.  She will be with us for quite a while as she grows into the strong adult I have seen Lilly wombat turn into.  But for now she is very content to curl up in my arms and sleep her deep peaceful sleep.  She is divine .. and a huge time waster !

Hub returned from a trip to our nations capital .. Canberra.  He seems to always land the jobs that take him to far off exotic places ( I know Canberra is not that exotic ) but he at least gets to travel and experience different things.  He is lucky like that.

I have worked quite a bit at the theatre.  I have seen the production of ' James and the Giant Peach ' twice and watched in wonder at the faces of the children as they absorb the show.  I so enjoy seeing my Ferals like that.

This week I have been considering cooking something fancy but that is as far as it got.  A thought is better than nothing though ..  I hope !  I have washed clothes, made beds, cleaned up after ill Ferals and kept the house going.  I have looked in the mirror and been surprised to see a stranger looking back .. Such is the life of a busy mum.

So today, although I have much to do, it is now nearly midday and I am still in my PJs, while I listen to the squeals of delight as the Ferals race around in the mud with the Billy Carts.  The sun is shinning finally and hopefully the mountains of washing might dry.  To many this might be a nothing thing to write about but to me it is part of my life .. a part of my history no matter how insignificant but one that will neer be rep[eated.

So I will enjoy my Sunday, my day of  'rest ' as tomorrow it all starts again ....

                  Cheers Dilly xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment