Sunday, 1 July 2012

Time alone

This past fortnight my hub has been away.  He still has a few days to go. It has been a time for myself and for the Ferals to forge on by ourselves.  Hence the reason I have not written.  Too busy.

I have been asked if we all miss him.  "Must be hard for you" I get asked,  "How do the kids cope? ".  Well the answer is we are all great.

He understands I am not the type to get all mushy at a home coming.  His going away is something we are all used too.  The Ferals dont even want to speak to him on the phone.  It is a normal part of our life.

I am a person who thrives on my independance.  A person who enjoys my own company.  I think this is a good thing.  I am capable of handling most that is thrown at me and I figure having the remote for the TV to myself must be a bonus !

There are plenty of women out there who are on their own far more often than me and do an amazing job.  We are often seen as the poor other half left in a mans world as they sail off into the sunset to do what ever they please.  But to me I find the time alone totally liberating.

The Ferals and I are far more organised and the amount of mess in the house decreases dramatically.  We are probably more relaxed regarding the day to day goings on.

I can sprawl out in the bed in what ever position I like and have the cat snuggled with me.  I can watch my "crap " on TV and consume that bottle of wine that has been staring at me for ages just waiting for the quiet of a night time house hold to materialise so I can enjoy it in peace.

Dont get me wrong... I will be pleased to see him.  I know the Ferals will be too .. especially with the promise of a present .. typical kids, but knowing I am more that happy to tackle all by myself to me is reasuring and rewarding.  I am not a useless woman.  We never know what life will throw our way so knowing I am strong and independent offers confidence in this challenging world.

So he will return and all will return to normal.  He goes straight back to work and then away again the following week.  I will keep that other bottle of wine for such an occasion and maybe just maybe keep a drop for him when he comes back again !

So to all you women ( and men ) out there.  Be proud to admit you can cope with out your ' other half '.  Dont let others make you feel guilty for enjoying ' me ' time.  Embrace it full on and enjoy it for all it has to offer.  Life is too short.

                           Cheers Dilly xx

1 comment: