This week I have had to do some soul searching. I have had to seriously contemplate swallowing my pride and what I truly truly believe in to make a decision regarding my children's future education. It has, and will continue to be a very hard time I am sure until it has been finalised in my own mind at least.
We all want the best for our kids and I am no exception when it comes to the Ferals. I never expected my kids to be a genius but neither of them are lacking in the intelligence area..(although I do sometimes wonder... Hmmm !! )
I, as all others I assume, want to see our Off Spring go onto greater things than most of us have probably done our selves. Maybe even live a dream we once had through them. It's so hard to know what is the right thing to do sometimes especially when our hearts are saying something completely different to our heads !
I am trying not to base the choice I make on what their friends are doing even though it will play a small part in my decision. But I truly want the decision I make to benefit my Ferals emotional state and their educational needs. Trying to work between the 2 is proving hard.
I regularly just wish it would all go away and we could continue with the education they have in a perfect environment for the rest of their schooling years. I feel we as a community have been so blessed with what we have been exposed too. The decisions that have been made regarding this matter I will NEVER understand.
It has come to the point that I feel like we are being pushed into something that we really do not want to do. It feels like our true options are being pulled out from underneath us and we are being poked with a rather long stick to do what the big wigs want. I don't like this feeling.
I still have a bit of time to mull it all over in my head. To way up the pros and cons and to make peace with my own beliefs for the benefits of my Ferals.
Its hard being a parent and it harder still giving up a belief no matter how right one thinks they are.
So if you see me wandering around with a furrowed brow, try and understand that my head and heart are in a tussle with deciding what is right to give my Ferals all they deserve for their wonderful lives to come.
Cheers Dilly xx
Please note these are my feelings and opinions. You may agree or disagree, but please do not take this out of context. Thanks Dilly x
Oh Jill, it IS such a struggle. If this. Maybe that. Don't feel alone - it's something we are all working through under our furrowed brows. Until we have ALL the information we need we can't really make that final decision re what is right for our families.
ReplyDeleteWatch this space (newspaper) because the 'big wigs' are being prodded hard right now to step up to the plate and help the process.
Hang in there, Tracey
Thanks sweet.. knew you would understand.. poke them hard.. very very hard !!! xx
ReplyDelete