Tuesday, 5 June 2012

A feeling ...

This morning I was lying in bed with my 2 Ferals.  The Weed was running a Lego motor bike over my face and the Curly boy was snuggled in to me telling me something he deemed important.  I have to admit a wave of contentment flooded over me.  This feeling does not often happen but when it does and I have time to stop and appreciate it.  To remember it is a wonderful feeling.

Life has been hectic of late.  Rushing off to work ( and forgetting to turn up for a shift !! oops ), racing the Ferals around to their activities and somehow managing to keep the home in a sort of acceptable manner.  I don't know how mums who work full time do it as I struggle with what I do now.  Credit to them I say !!


Boys toys ...
These school holidays, although only onto day 4 have tested me with the "I am bored " already.  Yep I admit I am counting the days till school back but please don't judge me for this.  We all have our opinions and different family issues.  But this morning it was lovely just being with them in a calm peaceful way.

At this moment they are down stairs surrounded but zillions of soft toys as they arrange them for whatever their intention.  Its like walking into a zoo with the different animals they have !  Even at their ages of 9 and 6 , they still love a soft toy and this innocence makes me smile.

Its freezing out side.  A cold wind is blowing through the trees sending us rushing for warmth.  I will not push them out the door today.  If the choose to they can.  I will encourage them to rug up in warm clothes but my two being the way they are tend to be happy wearing shorts and t shirt with sandals.  They don't seem to feel the cold.  If they are happy with that well, I wont fuss.

Tomorrow is their Dads birthday.  They are quite excited ( although they wont see him tomorrow at all ).  We will have a birthday for him on Thursday. Family are coming and all chipping in with yummy food.  I still have not decided what to give him .... will think about that.

I hope today continues as it started.  With calm and smiles.  I am sure their will be the odd eruption to unsettle the peace but I still have this morning to remember. Maybe these holidays wont be too bad.  I must remember to choose my battles and be grateful for the little things.  They areally are good kids and I love them to pieces.  Now just to convince them to clean up !!!! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment