This morning the Weed exclaims " Look there's a wombat on the lawn !! ". Not thinking much of it I peered out to see one making a mad dash for the bush. Must have been Lilly I said to myself, but thinking it was strange she ran away.
![]() |
| Miss Lilly in her not so natural habitat !! |
Curly boy then decides he needs to get her out from under the house so sets off armed with sweet potato to try and coax her. I hear lots of calling and cursing as he wiggles himself into places that only a mouse should fit to see if he can bribe her into his arms.
Finally I hear the sound of them both coming through the door. He is filthy. Covered in mud from head to toe and Lilly is not much better. The look of satisfaction and happiness on his face is priceless.
Now Miss Lilly is rather a lump in weight now. She must be around 23 kilogrammes of solid dead weight. The Weed can no longer lift her, Curly struggles and I can, but not for long periods of time. She tends to lie on her back in my arms and go to sleep with a contented smirk on her face. She also makes little sucking noises which sound like she is sucking her bottle. She does not make this noise for anyone else but me as I was her feeder ( insert another gooey moment ) and I do adore her.
![]() |
| A not so lady like Lilly |
She did however, upon coming inside this morning out of the cold, climb into her old bed, of which she used to fit in so easily, and lie in front of the fire. She likes the warmth as spending a night in the frost does not really appeal to her.
Lilly has become a huge part of our lives. She is a success story to be proud of. She has released herself back into the 'wild' , but we have the joy of seeing her nightly as she comes back for her bowl of yummy goodies.
I check her pouch regularly and I know at some stage she will produce young. This to me will be a sign that all is right in her little world and I cant wait to be a Grandma !!!
Cheers Dilly xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment