Friday, 8 June 2012

Its more than a Bag ..

Well it is, and we all.. well us girls anyway .. know it.  A Hand Bag, Shoulder Bag, Clutch or what ever else you want to call it.  They are more than just a bag !!

I never really thought about having a Hand Bag.  Figured it was only something old people carried around with them in case they needed a tissue or worse.  I was never going to be old enough for a Hand Bag.. Well that didn't last did it !.. I now have quite a few.

A bag, like a pair of shoes can tell alot about a person.  Someone who carries a small one is most likely to be uncomplicated and not into clutter.  Probably the best way to be, especially when seeing mine... I am NOT uncomplicated.

I have discovered the bigger the bag the better.  When the Ferals were small they were a great place to store nappies and baby bum wipes.  I could also carry food and other baby emergency things in case the need arose for them.  I would often find at the bottom, composting along with all the other rubbish that my bags accumulated, shrivelled bread sticks and more.  Not pretty when i put my hand into find something squishy that did not feel like that 5 days ago.. ugh !!!

Bags have a tendency to 'eat ' things.  I can never find my car keys when I need them.  Forget about a hair comb.  That was swallowed years ago.  If the Ferals want money they go to my bag and hunt for the change that has been regurgitated from the depths of this sess pit .  One never knows what will be forth coming from this black hole !

It often, at the most inopportune moment, will spill out the chocolate wrappers that I have denied within my own mind to eating.. I know i did not devour that many...did I ?  Hmmm no wonder my jeans feel snug.. to put it politely.

I have also found my bag handy for transporting any baby animal that I happen to be talking care of at the time.  Some do tend to be a bit shocked as I reach for my wallet and extract a baby wombat instead.  But again it is handy to be able to carry them with me in case of a bottle feed.

My current bag is black and is doing a fairly good job at pretending to be made of leather.  No cows were harmed in the construction of my bag.  It has a pocket for my phone of which it continually falls out off.  A big zippered area in the middle to store very important stuff, but what the stuff is I lost track of ages ago.  It has straps that don't stay up, BUT it fits nicely on my shoulder and is practical ( sometimes).

They say if one empties their bag contents you can tell what people are like.  This again would go along with the theory of bag size too.  If I was to empty the science experiment of my bag, those around me would surely run.  I have way too many unnecessary and useless things that I carry around for the ' just in case ' moment. Still am waiting for that moment I must add though.  So what does that say about me?  I shudder to think !

I like a bag that can coordinate with my out fit.  I have red, floral, hippy and blue bags.  I have little ones and big ones.  I have ones that are used for fancy occasions and ones that have had way too many baby animals in them..phew !! But they all reflect me, who I am and where I am going.  I suppose they are like a time capsule of a person  me.

I don't really tend to go anywhere with out my bag these days.  Its the last thing I grab as I walk out the door and I would feel lost with out it.  Maybe it is my security ' blanket ' !!

So yes in the end it is just a bag but its what secrets it holds inside that make it more.  My bag may be past its used by date, and yes to be honest, I am currently eyeing off a burgundy coloured bag that would go great with my winter wardrobe, but until then the black faithful will have to do.

I will head off into the world today ( actually the dreaded  'S word ' ( see Blog ) is where I am going next..ugh ) , with my trusty companion and hope that my car keys do actually make it to the top of the pile so I don't have to stand around like a dork hunting for them as people watch, smirk and say to themselves that I really need to be more organised !  Fingers crossed ...

What does your bag say about you?? 

       Cheers Dilly xx


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't work out why my bag weighed so much and put my shoulder out so badly i needed to go to physio...then I found right down in the deepest corner a big bag of fishing sinkers! I had put them in there during a camping trip and forgotten about them...needless to say it's now much lighter...and could be more so if I emptied out the 20 or so lip glosses LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..a classic.. We carry all sorts of stuff and put our selves in pains way for vanity !! but hey.. vanity is ok with me xxxx

    ReplyDelete