Well are we?? It appears we are. Do we really have to know all that is expected of us as a mother, as a person? Are we automatically supposed to know not to panic when ones child is lying limp in your arms after an operation went wrong?? Yes we are, but the reality is not like that. There is HEAPS I do not know.
For instance, I do not know where the tiny little piece of a certain toy is. Even though the ferals are convinced I have taken it away to the land of the disappearing toys I honestly do not know its where abouts.
I do not know where all the odd socks go. I am sure they went into the washing machine together but after that I know nothing. Does it really matter if they don't match?? Surely ones of similar colour can be worn as a fashion statement of some kind.
I do not know how to make a sponge cake without it flopping into a pan cake or worse. I have tried but it just does not happen for me.
I can not work out instructions when handed to me on paper. I am a visual person and if shown I can do it, but do not expect me to put together that toy of a zillion pieces in 2 minutes flat. It just wont happen.
I do not know how to be the perfect mum. I have oodles of flaws and I am making heaps of mistakes but I am trying. I am doing the best I can and learning every day so that will have to do.
I don't know how to use the computer games my kids play. If there is a problem or level they can not get past there is really no point in asking me as I know nothing. Yes I am game illiterate and have no desire to become a game genius at all. They always work it out anyway.
I do not know where all hubs stuff goes. He has a great habit of just plopping his stuff anywhere. Ok, yes I do get fed up with it and have been known to move certain things but I do not know where all is. He will have a bloke look and occasionally find what he is looking for but I do not know where the rest hides.
I do not know how to ski, trapeze, cook gourmet food or ride a bike on 1 wheel.
I have no idea how to use the chain saw or back a trailer.
I do not know how to play pool well or ride a motor bike.
I don't know why people are mean to each other and why there are wars.
I don't know why we as a society put so much pressure to our selves to be a certain way.
I have no idea why it really feels like you heart will break when something special is over.
I do not know everything.
I do know however that tomorrow will be a new day. That eventually the piece of missing toy will probably turn up and that I will continue to try and master the sponge cake.
I do know that a smile is worth a thousand words and kindness can go a long way.
I do know that you get out of life what you put into it but you can not always guarantee some will do to you as you do to them.
I know that rain is essential and sun brings a sense of new happiness within our selves.
I do know that I love my ferals with all my heart and no matter what they say to me I know they love me too.
So I do know some things and there are things I do not feel I need to know at all, but I am always willing to learn if the need arises.
I will always tell the truth but will not admit to things I have not done just to keep the peace.
I may not know everything but I know enough and that to me is all I need.
Cheers Dilly xx
Love it Dilly !
ReplyDeleteThank you xx
ReplyDelete