Do you ever have times when you just wish the earth would swallow you up or you would like to crawl into a hole and hide?
Do you have times when you just wish people would mind their own business .. even if they mean well .. and just let you get on with it ? I do.
Sometimes I will say something, then wish I could take it back. Like for instance asking a lady when her baby was due, to then be told she was not pregnant. Not a good moment for either of us.
The old saying of think before opening your mouth does apply to me many times.
There are days when it all just seems to hard. Days when the ferals fighting wears me down to the point of wanting to run away and forget all about it. Times when I feel completely over being on call for everyone for the most silly things. But
Days of repeating the same thing over and over.
Days of feeling unappreciated.
Days of wondering what is the purpose of someone hurting.
Days of wondering what could have been.
Just days ...
![]() |
| Break of a new day .. the sun will come up again Photo by Tasnature |
My curly haired boy seems to be learning about life the hard way. There are times it all seems too huge for him to handle. Times when he wishes to climb into that hole, but I always remind him that the sun will come up on a new day and things will get better. I think he is slowly starting to understand this concept.
There are days when you I can breath a sigh of relief they are passing. Days of " Here we go again " but I then have to remind my self that " Hey ... at least I am here !!! "
Many years ago there was a time that the glass was always half empty. A time when negative far outweighed the positive. Yes the sun did still come up day after day but oh how I wished it didn't.
A time when I lived on auto pilot and forgot to stop and smell the roses. But .. one day the fog cleared and guess what?? The sun was shining and the roses smelt great. It was a long hard journey but here I still am.
I feel that no matter what life now throws at me I will cope. Yep there are still times I would rather pull a blanket over my head and hide but still I can climb out and put a smile on my face which automatically makes me feel better. I am a big believer of a smile .
A sincere smile can lighten not only my day but others around me. A smile is worth a thousand words and is a universal language. I don't care that it gives me wrinkles as I believe wrinkles tell the story of a life .... both the good and the bad parts .... a journey to today. A time when we I can look back and say that day helped make me what I am and hey I am not perfect but this is me.
Realising tomorrow is another day can ease anguish and make one see clearer. The saying ' To sleep on it' can be a powerful thing. I am, as I have said earlier, a big believer in 'Everything happens for a reason ' , although it can take a while for that to become apparent. But all these experiences make us who we are.
So yes tomorrow is another day. I am hoping the sun will come up ( forecast is for rain though! ) and all will look clearer. Maybe I will make decisions that I should have long ago.
Decide on the next path to travel, or which direction I should steer myself in.
But maybe I should also just be grateful that I am able to see the sun rise, smell the roses and appreciate all around me.
Yep Tomorrow is another day and it will become a piece of my history no matter how it ends up. I know now, that this day too will pass and I never know what is around the corner to make me smile !!
Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:
Post a Comment