Sunday, 13 May 2012

For mum xxx

Today in our fair country it is Mothers Day.  A time when we reflect on all that our mums do and have done for us.  A time to really appreciate all they stand for.  A day for mums.

My mum I must admit is pretty great.  She is there for me no matter what.  She has supported me through the highs and lows of my colourful life.  She has cried as her Grandchildren came into this world and held them so tight she may never have wanted to let them go. She is my mum.

As a kid I do totally admit I was at times a bit of a handful.  I figured .. ' What did she know !!' Well it has come to my attention that she knew a hell of a lot so here are some of the things I should have listened to her more about:

  •   I am lucky to have her, which is something I did not realise to much later on.
  •   That yes, she did know best with most things.
  •   That I should have worked better at school and that homework may have been a huge drag  but  it would have helped my grades
  •   That being 40+ is not old like I thought her to be.
  •   That yes it is ok to be different.
  •   That I should have appreciated her more when a kid.
  •   How hard it is raising kids .. as a kid I thought every day should be kid day and  'didn't she  know that  !!'
  •   That money does defiantly not grow on trees and parents can not always provide what kids want.

The Ferals school made gifts.
How beautiful they are x
  This year I have been woken by the ferals running up the stairs with a box of choccies and beautiful school made gifts.  Cards that say how much they love me and all I do for them.  But somehow the choccies seemed to disappear down their mouths faster than mine and I am told some not so pretty things, so I suppose Karma does exist. I will still treasure these for years to come and as I am a very sentimental person they will be put away with all the others from years past so one day I can reflect on these times and smile.

I know they love me but as with most kids they take it for granted that I will do things for them.  Its part of growing up I suppose.  Hub is not a big believer in ' commercial ' days and as I am not his mother it is all quiet on that front.  But hey that is ok ..that's his belief and we are all entitled to those.

My dear Dad will organise something for mum and I tonight so we don't have to cook and we will share this day together and give thanks for mums every where.

It is a day I will think about my Grandmother and wish she was here with us still as always.  It is a day that I will think of my dear friend and know how much she would desperately still want to take her mother by the hand and tell her how much she loves her.  I will contact her today and send love.

So today.. Mothers day .. I wish all the mums a very special and loving day.  For those who are celebrating their first.. have fun !!  But I suppose it is time I dragged myself down stairs and made the Ferals breakfast ... I can hear them hollering, and no matter what happens today I will read those cards and bask in the fact that they do love me even though being a kid we they do tend to forget that !!

Happy mothers Day Mum and thanks for all you are and do.  Thanks for giving your self with heart and soul to helping me become who I am today..warts and all xxx
                Cheers Dilly xx

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou, thankyou dear Dilly for your lovely comments. Yes Mothers'Day is a day for reminiscing and appreciating all that our Mothers are and in my case were. Not a day passes that I don't think of my Mum and of all she did for me .The thing that always sticks with me is the totally unconditional love that she gave to me and I have realised that it is a special kind of love that only those of us who are fortunate enough to be a mother can feel.
    Motherhood can sometimes be very challenging but also the most rewarding thing we can do . You are now a great Mum Dilly and it has always been a priviledge to be your loving Mum. x

    ReplyDelete