Why did I start to write a Blog? I have asked myself this many times even though I have only been going for a short time. What finally made me decide to put fingers to keyboard to write? Was it just the right time or just a whim I decided to act upon. Truthfully probably both and more.
I have always been interested in writing but have never considered myself any good at it. At school I would struggle to write an essay or even a short story. This was never my forte. As mentioned in my blog " What if ??" it is obvious school and I did not have a great relationship. But things change. We get older and for me suddenly I had the desire to write stuff down. To express what was inside my sometimes fuddled head.
So here I am. A 40 something mum of two ferals putting nails to keyboard to try and say what I feel I needed too. It is extremely therapeutic I must admit too !!
![]() |
| Me .. With usual smile !! this is one pic of me I really like. |
I am a very sentimental person. I can live in the past way too much if I allow myself. I love to remember things that I have experienced and to then see them, for what they are, and were, at this older age.
I am sure there were many negatives too that I have experienced but I am glad it is the positives that are for -most in my mind
I was told recently by a friend that they were surprised by some of the things I had written. They said they had never considered me to be a deep thinker. I am not sure if this is a compliment or not but, they were pleasantly surprised as too how much I do analyse what goes on around me. I have never considered myself a shallow person, a bit silly sometimes but I have mostly kept my deepest thoughts and ideas to myself.
Those who know me well can agree that I am quite an emotional person. I like to let it all out in a big way when upset or really happy. These emotions I do not hide but still there is plenty in me left just for myself. I have been known to throw a big wobbly when the need in my own mind has arisen and to jump for joy in an enthusiastic manner when happy. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and that is one reason why I can be a deep thinker.
Writing this Blog has enabled me to express who I am. It has given me a poetic licence to say what I feel. All views I express are my view only. As a reader you can take from it what you want or ignore my ramblings.
I have been amazed as to who is actually reading all I have to say. I know I have a large readership in Australia but Russia is next in line. That amazes me. Also the USA. UK, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany and Holland feature. I thank these people far and wide for being curious in what I say and for coming back for more.. Please feel free to follow my Blog by clicking the " Follow" link on my page. Its rather exciting !!!
So Welcome and thanks for reading. Any ideas you may have for a story that I can share my views on please say. This whole journey for me has proved to myself that I can do it and maybe I have more to say that I initially thought !!!
Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:
Post a Comment