Monday, 7 May 2012

The Weed

I have written plenty of stories and have mentioned The Weed in many but I have not as yet brought him to the front of my tales.  So I think I will now.  Introducing The Weed !!!!

Imagine a blond, skinny child with huge brown eyes and olive skin and you have The Weed.  A child with the ability to make strangers stop and stare at his beauty and perfect looks.  I have had plenty of comments about him and yes I am biased but also have a guilty pleasure in knowing they are right.  I have always felt if we lived in a place where child modelling was available he could have set him self up even at this age with looks like his.  We all think our children are beautiful and rightly so.  My Curly boy is exceptionally handsome too ... but two more different looking siblings you would be hard to find.

The Weed was a much smaller baby than my first.  A child that screamed constantly.  I firmly believed he was the most unhappy child there ever was.  A mummy's boy ( and he still is which I am happy about ! ).
A child never really interested in food.  A child who liked to watch and absorb all that went on around him.  A midwife said to me shortly after he was born that she was sure he had been on this earth before.. and I still do tend to agree with her.

He was born with pitch black hair and no sign of curls like his brother.  This hair eventually fell out and grew back white blond.  So different, so baby fine and so beautiful.  His hair although still blond is now darker and will probably darken more still.  But I have beautiful photos of that white blond hair.

The Weed has the most wicked sense of humour.  He can find funny in anything.  A born performer and dancer.  He can enthral any audience with his Wit when he chooses.  A comic and cheeky one at that.  I have been trying to convince him to take dance classes but so far to no avail.  He would be great at it.  The perfect body shape, quick on his feet and a natural grace but being a boy it is not that easy to convince him but I will persist and hope it will come to fruition.

He has always been dominated by his older brother of 29 months.  He always went along with what ever was asked of him.  Because there is such a HUGE size difference between them it was always easier for The Weed to agree, BUT,  late last year things started to change.  Weed was no longer talking all dealt to him... He was fighting back.  He may be small but with quick feet, an ability to jump and teeth to back him up it was revenge full steam ahead.

So we have had many fights between them.  I have had to referee a few too may times to count but part of me thinks good on him for standing up for himself.  He will never beat his brother in physical strength but can in other ways.

He can though be a real pain.  His cheekiness has the ability to get him into trouble.  He likes to blame his brother for things and can be very stubborn.  He may look cute but there is a definite devil hiding behind those long eyelashes !

What The Weed will go on to do when older is still a mystery to me.  He has interests but nothing that seems to stand out as a for-runner.  He is slowly developing more of his own likes and dislikes and finding his own identity which I feel does take longer for a younger sibling to do.  He is a thinker but also a comic that still has to realise the importance of what goes on around him.. He is yet to truly develop a natural curiosity as currently life is still one big party.

But at the age of 6 1/2 I could not be more proud of him.  He knows he is loved and he is loving in return.  He delights us all with his antics, many we have on film so when he turns a certain age I am sure they will be on show for all to see. 
 I fully expect him to break many hearts of poor unsuspecting girls in the future and use his looks to his full advantage.  But if he continues to be himself, stay true to who he is and strive to be all he can I am sure he will be successful at what ever he chooses to do or what life is bound to throw at him.  After all, weeds do have a habit of getting into all types of places just through sheer determination and that describes him perfectly .


                Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment