Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Rain ...

It is raining again.  I suppose this is to be expected as we are nearly officially into another Tasmanian winter.
 Days of cold winds and icy frosts are coming our way but the rain is what greets us at this time.

I love the rain.  Listening to it on our tin roof while lying in bed can be so soothing.  It can make me feel like I would like to stay there all day and just listen to mother nature dropping her precious water on our earth.  I love the rain.

Being on tank water it is always nice to know I can spend that bit extra time in the shower with out having to worry about the water level.  I can stand there and absorb the warmth.  It is a great feeling.

A wild wet day on Tamanias
 rugged coast line

The rain is feeding my garden for the warmer seasons ahead.  Soaking the rich soil until it over flows in to puddles on the lawn.  It is full of the goodness that a garden needs.

A rainy day makes me feel like snuggling up with a good book and lazing in front of the fire with my dog, cat and wombat ( and now baby Wallaby ) enjoying its heat.  Having a hot chocolate to warm me up from the inside..ahh

It does not make me feel like tackling the supermarket and pushing a trolley through a torrential down pour .. was not a lot of fun believe me !!

Rainy days are known as Miserable days.  Although one can feel a bit meloncoly on a rainy day they can for me still bring a sense of calm and renewal.  I love a rainy day.

So I will stick to my rainy days of warmth and hot chocolate.  I will listen to the rain on my tin roof and remember that mother nature is far more powerful than we, as a human will ever be.

What do you love about the rain ??

            Cheers Dilly xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow I could have written that :) Love the sound of the rain, the smell of wet soil, the light on rainy days. Love to snuggle up with a book or good movie or hubby :) and listen to it. Love going to sleep with it too.

    You have a baby wallaby now? ohhhh have to come over sometime and say hello to him or her.

    Hope to see you tomorrow at school
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike..and so glad. Yep a wallaby..a boy called Barry.. you will love him.. see you soon and thankyou so much for comment xxx

    ReplyDelete