Wednesday, 16 May 2012

The Bucket List

Do we all have a list of things to do before we leave this earth in body? Do we have a list that we want to at least attempt to fulfil? Or are they just dreams that underneath you know that the reality of them happening is pretty much minimal?
I think we all do even if we have never really sat down and thought about it.

There are times I am sure one says " Oooo i would love to go there" or  'wouldn't it be so rewarding to have achieved that goal before ... " so yes we I have.

Ok so now it is time to make my Bucket list.  Here goes !!

  1. To travel to Macquarie Island and see all of the wildlife.  A dream I have had for ever.
  2. To travel to Tasmanias outer islands and explore all they have to offer. I have been told they are breath taking.
  3. To learn how to REALLY cook.  How to dazzle with my cooking prowess instead of the Ferals saying ... ugh not that again
  4. To write a book.  Most likely a child's book on some animal that has passed through my arms at some stage.
  5. To re teach myself to read music.  I used to be part of a Wind Symphony many years ago as I played the flute. Unfortunately I have lost the ability to read music over the years as practise became a thing of the past.
  6. To go Roller Skating again.  When a teenager I would go to the local roller rink and skate regularly.  I think I still have my skates somewhere in the deep recces of the wardrobe.  It would be a lovely feeling to re visit that fun time.
  7. To travel around Australia and see what is right on my door step.
  8. To sail. Just sail somewhere.  I love the water and do so enjoy watching the breeze flow over majestic sails.
  9. To swim with whales or dolphins.  This is a HUGE to do on my list.  Sea turtles or any other marine animal would be just fine as well.
  10. To scuba dive again. I do have my diving ticket but circumstances stopped this quite a while go.  To see what the ocean has to offer is totally mind blowing.
  11. To be brave enough to go back to study.  I don't know what i would like to undertake but to actually achieve something academically would be a big confidence booster for me.
  12. To get my motor bike licence.  I would love this and it is one I feel I may be able to achieve hopefully in the not so distant future ...  fingers crosses !
Now I am sure I will in time add to this list.  I also have ideas in my head of what I want to have happen in other aspects of my life too but these are for me to know only.  My personal list.

So have a think about what you would like to do.  Think of what you can do to make yourself feel like you have achieved what you wanted too.
I know realistically many of my chosen will probable not happen but it is ok to dream.  I will continue to take baby steps forward and .... Hey ...  You  I never know what opportunity may come knocking at the door. So grab it by the horns and run before it turns and chases you the other direction !!!

I would love to know any of my readers wishes for their Bucket list .  What do you want to do ?


                  Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment