Tuesday, 3 April 2012

I didn't know that !!

I did not know that!!   Why did someone not tell me ??  If only I had known...   In hindsight I think we all have said that.  Would things have turned out differently if we had known?  Would I have swallowed my pride and admitted that they were right?  Would I have felt at the time that it was all going to be ok?  I wonder...

Here are some of the things I did not know :
  • That daylight savings when a kid did not mean I could stay up later
  • That one day I would truly appreciate my parents for all they have done for me (yes I was rather difficult at times )
  • That I did not know everything as a teenager ( yes that was a surprise to me too! )
  • That having my heart broken over my first real boyfriend would be devastating .... but yes I would get over it .. move on and remain friends
  • That too much red wine does not leave a pretty mess the next morning
  • That my 20s would be fun but challenging as I struggled to find my own identity
  • That my 30s would be when I felt I was nearly there
  • My 40s would be so liberating
  • That one should not wear jeans that are low waisted no matter how cool they are if you are carrying a muffin top or over the age of 25
  • Having a fluffy perm in the 1980s is really cringe worthy looking back now.. What was I thinking!!!
  • That  I really do look bad in the monings ... shocking bed hair !
  • Having long hair does not suit me  ( My hair has never been my crowning glory however hard I tried)
  • That a Huntsman spider in the car is really not worth screaming about..
  • That snakes are incredible creatures and I am not on their food chain
  • Brussell sprouts really are not too bad
  • That I can cook .. its not as scary as it seems.  I am no chef but I cook a mean baked cheese cake (white chocolate and blueberry..mmm)
  • That is still ok to like ABBA and dance when no one is watching with some unusual moves only to be seen by yourself and the dog in the lounge room
  • Dark jeans are far more suitable for a mature woman ( In that category now I'm afraid )
  • That wearing high heel shoes even when tall is ok 
  • That is great to be different .. we don't all have to be the same
  • When being pregnant I would be so so sick
  • That having a C-section is not the easy way out to give birth
  • That having kids would be so wonderful
  • That having kids would be a rewarding ,but unrewarding job at times as well
  • That being married is something that needs to be constantly worked at .. it is not bunches of flower's and happily ever afters ...its hard work
  • Having a child whisper in your ear that they love you would be so fulfilling
  • That loosing a grandparent would totally devastate my world but then in time I would only concentrate on all the wonderful things that she was to me
  • That in the end everything will always be ok .. no matter how hard it seems  ..  we all move on
I am sure there is heaps more that I did not know but they will be for another day.
What do you wish you had known ??

                                             Cheers Dilly xx





 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dilly,
    So wise for saomeone still so young.
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you M...you do say the the nicest things x

    ReplyDelete