It is a girl thing it really is. Why the men folk cant just understand it ..( we are not that complicated !) ..I just don't get. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand that these things are important !!
Yes I am talking about the little extra touches that we as women .. all of good taste ... bring into our homes.
Its the little feminine touches that we spread about our nest to give it an individual feel, an identity, a feeling of home.
Ok, so I may have 8 pillows on my bed and like it made just right. I may have said on numerous occasions to hub " can you get out of the bed as I want to make it " (I like it made before going out ) with his answer being "cant you see I am using it??". I don't care !!!
I may have huffed and cursed while following the whirlwind of feral boys around as i try to regain control over the floor space, but it is a girl thing.
It is important to have the photos hanging just right. It is important to have the cushions on the sofa at the right angle. Hub moans about cushions all the time. Why do we have them he will ask? Well obviously and it should be obvious .. because they look nice !!!
I like my huge timber kitchen benches to be clean. Have all evidence of breakfast gone so when I have the house to myself I can pretend its just me living there with my dog, cat and wombat like an old spinster. If I want to make mess that's fine. Its my mess, my productive mess, my " I don't mind cleaning it up" mess.
My mess is never as big as anyone elses.
I like to collect stuff. Well it may be called stuff to some but to me its treasure. I like things that are earthy, are different, are a reflection of me. I love the penguin flipper that sits in my kitchen . I love the skull of an owl that adorns my bench. I love the wedgetail eagle feather that leans against the wall. I love the photos my father took of our beautiful environment that adore the walls. I love the blue horse made of pottery my sister gave me years ago..I love it. These are the things that make my home what it is.
I have indoor plants. Yes real ones that I have had for years that have not died due to neglect ..( which does surprise me too ) . They bring another form of life into the room. A green unsurpassed by any artificial colour. One belonged to my grandmother who passed nearly 13 years ago. I will keep that alive for her.
The cat may play with them as the leaves make great bouncy toys, the wombat may have sampled bits here and there and dug a few out but they are still hanging on.
The bathroom, well what can I say ... I like the owls that adorn the sink. Ok they may have been knocked off and glued back together but I still like them. I like the towels to be hung neatly and clean. I am sure there would be many complaints from the male folk if the bathroom fairy forgot to renew them !!
BUT .. If I was to go into the mans domain ... the shed .. the blokes grunting chamber and start to point out that way things are so neatly arranged, how the carpet that has been put on the floor for comfort has given it that feminine touch .. well of course I would not know what I am talking about!!!
If I was to go in there and leave a screw driver in the wrong spot I am sure I would be struck down by the god of sheds who would probably be swigging on a beer as he did it !
So I will still continue to adorn my house with the little finishing touches. I will continue to pester hub to get out of bed so I can make it. I will continue to enjoy the next skull that may make it to sit alongside the other. I will continue to have the sofa cushions just right because if I didn't surely they would notice .. Wouldn't they??
Yep it is a girl thing and oh yes that tiny dust collecting what ever it is would look perfect next to the loo !!!
Cheers Dilly xx
No comments:
Post a Comment