Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Moi ...

Well I have decided to try this one again..to say something about who I am and what makes me me.  Now that I am into the swing of things I thought I could improve..so here goes !!

If I asked someone to describe me in one word they would probably say tall.  I would also like to think I would be known as smiley ( I  have great teeth and lips apparently! ) and friendly.  These are some of the points that make me who I am.

Country town born and bred.  I think growing up in the country gives one a sense of grounding,  the ability to stop and smell the roses and to appreciate .. especially when older .. what an amazing place it is .

I moved to the city once.  Loved it.  Different food, different people, different cultures but also too many cars, too busy and the realisation that living in a smaller town has many benefits.  I have been asked "why would you move back? nothing there.. boring "  How wrong they are !! This is a place of much wealth, of community.  It is a safe and enriching place to bring up children.  There are so many positives but mainly for me..I am a county girl at heart who loves to feel the wind blow across the paddocks bringing with it the smell of freshly cut hay.  To feel the soil beneath my nails as I tend my garden waiting with anticipation for the seeds to grow. To lie in the grass and watch my world buzz around me with vigour..  it is me.

 I have a younger sister.  She is great.  She has given me a beautiful niece and nephew whom I adore.  They are the ones who call me "Dilly".  I hope they will call me that when I am old (er).
I love them to bits .

I grew up pretty much on the back of my horse.  We did everything together.  She knew all my secrets and dreams.  She was a great listener. There is nothing better than putting your face deep into the mane of a horse .. especially one you love..and breathing in their earthy scent.  For 27 years she was part of my life.  When I lost her I not only lost my friend I lost a HUGE part of my childhood.  I still miss her to this day.

I grew up surrounded by love. My family were not wealthy but I never wanted for anything.  I had a horse ..I was happy . The love of my Grandmother was another defining aspect of my development.
She was.. other than my parents .. the most important person to me I could ever imagine.  If there is such a thing as Angels she is most definitely mine.

I have issues...plenty of them.  They hang around like ghosts of the past but I have made peace with most.  I am stronger than I give myself credit for.  I think most of us are like that.

I have 2 beautiful feral boys.  They can be challenging but they are kids and that is their job.  I would not swap them for the world. Although sometimes I would like to get off the 'freeway ' and take some time to remember who I am. As most mothers would know, we tend to loose our own identities for a time when they are young.  But put me in a convertible (preferably red ) and head me back down the road and I will be there waiting for them.

So I am a mum, a taxi service and all round domestic goddess.  I have my health and my ability to smile. I have so much to be grateful for.  I am a bird able to see all that surrounds me.. I am A Bird with a View.
This  photo..its an oldie but a goodie..the real me ..

                              Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment