I have just passed something that makes my heart flutter with desire.
Something that is calling me with the words "you need me" in a voice that only I can hear. Something that can bring me to my knees with longing and block everything else out of my tunnel vision. SHOES !!
Need I elaborate ... I don't think so.
Those pieces of deceased cow skin that are so perfectly cut and shaped to create the most divine piece of foot wear. Yes I do feel for the cow but I am sure if they saw the finished product so daintily placed on my hoof they would give the ok !
The smell ... all new and not stinking of smelly foot pong.
The colours : Black, Cherry red, Tan ... yes I am dribbling a big pool on the desk .. Burgundy. Ooo the delight of the rainbow dances before me. Oh how I wish I was in the land of Oz and could be tapping my red shoes together instead of just gawking at them with my mouth half open. Get a grip girl I must remind myself !
Shoes. There is something about shoes. You are either a shoe girl or not. If you are not then I am sorry but you do not know what you are missing.
They have a way of making one feel complete in an outfit. They can make or break it. You do not want to spend zillions of $$$ on an outfit and then to wear shoes that have been around the block a few too many times. It is just not on !! Its like putting hot milk into something cold... a big curdled mess !! Shame Shame Shame...
Shoe are supposed to fit perfectly. To feel like they are part of you and hug your foot as snug as a bug in a rug but in all truths "one must suffer to be beautiful".
Ok so that pair of divine Red Boots... I know the ones.. the ones I have been waiting my whole life for have just caught my eye in the shop window 200mts ahead. They are calling me to try, to feel and to goo over. I ask for my size and the ever smiling assistant says she is sure they have it. I sit on the stool in anticipation for their Fan Fare arrival only to be told when she re-emerges that " sorry we have every size but yours !!" What !!! That is not how the story is supposed to go .. she is meant to bring them out on a velvet cushion to the sound of trumpets playing !!
I try not to show my disappointment and politely ask, as I wipe the impending tears from my eyes, which sizes she does have. Yes the larger and the smaller. Ok, so I will try them. The larger ones first.
Now I have reasonable size feet that do give me a decent hold on this earth. One foot is unfortunately half a size bigger than the other and both have gone up nearly two sizes since the ferals were hatched. I had heard this does happen but would rather this than to loose a tooth for each born instead. It can though make shoe shopping rather difficult.
The larger size though are too big. I am sure I would trip over my delicate hooves if I was to strut my stuff down the main street and make a not so lady like blob on the footpath. So I will have to try the smaller.
I point my toe and pull !!! They will fit .. they must fit ..I think I can.. I think I can... I will positively cry if they don't. My assistant grabs a shoe horn and gives me the "I understand " look. Finally they are on ! Yippee.
Ok so my toes are now squished to within an inch of their life and I am sure will emerge a deformed shape and yes, I am walking like my undergarments have gone to places out of bounds BUT they are on !! Yep I am sure they will stretch .. they are a dead cow and a cows tummy stretches with food, so it is only logical right?? Sold !!!
I don't care about the blisters or the rubbing. I don't care about the walk because in my mind everyone is looking at my beautiful new Red Boots with the utmost respect and desire. They are not looking at that 40 something woman with the weird walk hobbling up the street.
So I continue to wear and yes they do give a little but that's better than nothing. I have worked out the walk and still get pleasure from the " OOO where did you get them ?" comments.
I may not live in the land of make believe but with these boots on my feet I can go anywhere.
I have oodles of shoes. I collect them like some collect tea spoons. I have them arranged in my cupboard just for me to gaze at and I have the enjoyment of choosing which ones will grace my tootsies that day. If I could wear nothing but shoes I would but I don't think it would be a very pretty sight for the unsuspecting audience.
I have cheapies and ones that I really shouldn't have paid that much for. I have a great pair I found on sale $150 cheaper than the original price... What a bargain !! I wear them all and get that little rush of satisfaction when I do.
For years I would not wear heels. I'm too tall with them on I thought to myself, well now I just don't care. If I am 6ft 2 in a pair of awesome heels then lucky me.
So I say if you are not a shoe girl don't despair as their is still hope and time. Maybe you will come to understand the joy of the deceased Bovine. Its all about recycling right ??
So strap on your favourites and stand tall. Strut your stuff and feel good about your self because even if you feel cruddy on the inside at least your feet will look a Million Dollars and I will notice them I guarantee !!!
Cheers Dilly xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment