Saturday, 28 April 2012

Just some days of stuff ...

Today I am going to write about STUFF.  Yep just stuff that has happened today or in the last few days.  Things that have made me sit back and re asses or just made me laugh.  Do you have days like these?

Ok.. Here goes

1:  The ferals slept in till..7.45am.  Now for some that may not seem much but for me it is a miracle.

Sunset over our National Park
 They NEVER sleep in or if they do it is never on the weekend so for me it was too good to be true. 

2:  I went to the ..ugh .. supermarket with the pre mentioned ferals.  Lets just say my phone call to hub was of a desperate nature .. to PLEASE come and get them.  He arrived to whisk the monsters off to greener pastures away from the isles of food that seemed to be continually jumping into my despised trolley.  Disaster averted !

3: We have had the most beautiful autumn.  Days of unusual warmth that sends the sun streaming into my house of mud.  Beautiful sunsets to take my breath away. It has been the warmest April on record I have been told. These days make me glad to be alive.

4: Lilly wombat came home for a cuddle.  Yes she still stinks and is covered in ticks but her presence makes me smile with the knowledge I saved her precious life.  I gave and she happily received all I could give her.

5: I actually cooked something completely edible that the ferals went back again for more.  Bonus points for me !!!

6: I went to the ANZAC day service and fought back tears in remembrance of those who died for our great country.  A very humbling experience.

7:  The cat has been catching mice all over the place.  The ferals like to save them and spend ages playing with them. They carry them in their pockets and give them names like Hermione.  So many mice have survived and so many have escaped into areas I don't want to think of..
Send in the cat again I think !

8: I took time to stop and breathe today.  I watched the birds on the water and saw an amazing White Bellied Sea Eagle fly overhead.  They are amazing birds and compared to them I feel insignificant.

9: I laughed when Curly haired boy came running to me with a HUGE Blue Tongue Lizard grasped in his hands to show me.  A beautiful healthy lizard storing fat to take it through the cold winter months of hibernation.  He was so excited and proudly carried it around for hours.

10: I finished a book.  I absolutely love to read.  I enjoy being taken to places unknown in my mind and becoming someone else for a short time.  It is a gift being able to read.

To some these may not be overly exciting, but to me they are some of the things that I am grateful to have experienced.  No two days are the same, every day is a piece of history and every day brings with it the mystery of the unknown.

What have you been happy to experience in the last few days?


              Cheers Dilly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment