Monday, 2 April 2012

What if...

What if...what if I had not eaten that chocolate?
What if I had studied harder at school?
What if I had truly followed my dreams?...What if

My life is full of them and I assume many others feel the same.
Did everything go to plan?  Did I complete or even start my 'bucket list?'
These are just some of the questions that I ponder at times.

If I had not eaten that chocolate..would I now have the body of a goddess?
Would I fit into a size 10?
Would I look decent in bathers?
The answer is probably NO.
This is me.  A chocoholic who can not say "I have had enough thanks" .  As all women know it is an integral part of our diet and yep does give that feeling of ahhh when it melts in your mouth.
I have totally given up ever fitting into those jeans of yesteryear and as for bathers...I think I will just let it all hang out.. who really is going to go away and discuss that they saw me in a "shock horror"  BIKINI !!  So I will continue to consume and delight in the joy of chocolate and let my wicked pleasure continue.

School..ugh..the dreaded 6 letter word.  Don't get me wrong..I did enjoy school..the social side anyway.
I had and still have an awesome bunch of friends from that time.  I class them as true friends, ones that will be there for me to cry and laugh with and to share our families.  I may not see them that often but when together its like time has stood still..I love them.
But study...I shudder at just the thought of it.  My writing was never neat enough, maths sent me into melt down, P.E . (sport),  well being tall with gangley legs..lets just say we were not compatible.
I wanted to do well..I really did, but did not realise it was THAT important until older..what a cliche!
So i never got to be the vet, never have travelled to Antarctica to study penguins, never even really considered I was much good at anything..but hey..I can laugh and I am learning to write (and loving it).
I can help my children with their work and I can provide the best life I know how for all of us.  So I may not have a piece of paper telling me that I have graduated from a higher education but I have graduated into life..into the constant classroom of life.. A+ for me !!

Life is a roller coaster.  It take us on many ups and downs.  The ups can be mind blowing..truly inspirational and the downs can take us  me into places I never want to go again.
We are all different, we are all unique, we are all perfect, we are only human after all.
So next time I feel the "WHAT IFS .." I will make a concerted effort to remember that in the scheme of life it really does not matter.  It is what you choose to make of yourself that is important.
I am a big believer of "Everything happens for a reason".  It may not feel like it at the time but these challenges..both good and bad..are what shapes us now and for the future.

So I say...LIFE ..bring it on !!  What can I learn today? What can I do with mince again for tea tonight? My bum really does not look too big in those jeans !!
What silly thing can we all laugh about to put smiles on our faces?

What if   ....  pfttt  ...  Now wheres that chocolate??  mmmm

   Cheers Dilly x

3 comments:

  1. Yes I think we all have a dose of the of "what if"s at times but I have found that as I age those things are really not important at all.
    Lets live in the "today"and try to make the most of every minute.
    I love it Dilly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes well...the 500g bag of paenut M and M's I religiously buy myself for Easter have already been opened and almost all gone...Cheers to the chocolate..oh,...and a glass of red for good measure!!! Libby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heres to the chocolate and wine..perfect combo..cheers all xx

    ReplyDelete